General Manager (Reforestation) @ Samling Global Limited
Expired Date:21-01-11 General Manager (Reforestation)
Responsibilities: We have established 20,000ha of tree plantations in Malaysia with an annual planting target of 7,000ha. We invite results-oriented, high calibre candidates with positive work ethics to fill the following position to be based in different locations in Sarawak, Malaysia:
- Reporting directly to the Group’s Chief Operating Officer, the candidate will be based in Miri, Sarawak in Malaysia.
- Responsible for the overall management and performance of designated reforestation projects.
- Ensure and verify that reforestation policies, quality control procedures and environmental protection procedures are implemented and complied with by project/plantation managers.
- Coordinate with the Group’s Forest Resource Department (Planning and Development and Forest Operations) to plan and establish reforestation projects and meet targets.
- Liaise with the Sarawak Forestry Department and other relevant government authorities on forestry project matters
- Oversee the preparation and submission of the reforestation operational budget.
- Review accounts and reports and monitor cost control.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Group’s downstream processing unit on timber supply of plantation log species.
- Coordinate with the Group’s Forest Resource Department (Planning and Development) to establish growth monitoring procedures.
- Manpower planning, recruitment, training and development for the department.
- Traveling within Sarawak for the inspection of plantations required: estimated 60% of the time.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master's Degree Agriculture/Forestry/Plantation Management
- At least 10 year(s) of working experience as a manager in forest plantation operations, preferably in the tropics or sub-tropics and at least 4 years at general manager level in the tropics or sub-tropicsin the related field is required for this position
- Strong and wide ranging forest plantation background
- Experience of large scale tree nursery production
- Familiarity with R & D in general and tree breeding theory and procedures in particular will be an advantage
- Proven track record in implementing and managing land clearing, site preparation and forest plantation establishment using both in-house labour and contractors
- Knowledge and strong experience of plantation silviculture – tropical or sub-tropical
- Knowledge and experience in environmental management systems in forestry operations and environmental rules and regulations will be a preference.
- Experience of plantation harvesting, yarding in particular, will be an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good desktop computer skills is a must and GIS knowledge a preference.
- Physically fit.
In addition to a competitive remuneration and benefits package, we also offer personal and career development prospects in a dynamic work environment to the successful candidate. Interested applicants are invited to write in with a CV stating current and expected salaries and contact details to: Ms Olivia Chai Samling Global Limited Level 42 Menara Maxis Kuala Lumpur City Centre 50088 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia or email to : email@example.com not later than 31 January 2010 Only short-listed candidates will be notified
Daftar General Manager (Reforestation) secara online jika alamat atau email tidak dicantumkan.
Lowongan kerja yang lain:
- Short Term Plan 1 Engineer @ PT. Trubaindo Coal Mining (site Muara Bunyut), 26 Sep 2012
- Geologist @ PT. Surya Jaya Energy, 25 Sep 2012
- Geologist Assistant @ PT. Delma Mining Corporation, 25 Sep 2012
- Sustainable Agriculture Network Unit @ PT. Rainforest Alliance, Denpasar, 24 Sep 2012
- Farm Manager – PT. Merek Indah Lestari – Sumatera Utara, 21 Sep 2012
General, Global, Limited, Manager, Reforestation, Samling